So why do I know NOTHING? Why do the same things come and bite my bum on a regular basis and I either, do nothing to change them or learn some degree of serenity about the things I cannot change. Life is a balance, I know this but I spend an awful lot of time being the plonker bouncing up and down in the net under the tightrope because I have messed up the balance again.
- I feel at my best when I have been productive and yet I am developing procrastination as an Olympic sport.
- Developing a high level of expertise at Solitaire does not count as productivity.
- I know that rest is a necessary part of life and yet I struggle to do it without guilt.
- Most people probably don't hate me yet I will still apologise for my existence, given half a chance.
- People don't behave well all the time and sometimes I really do just have to tackle it and stop it.
- Not everything is my fault.
- Like most people, I have been through quite a lot in my life. When suffering things in the past, I swore that I would never as our American friends say "sweat the small stuff" again.
- I sweat the small stuff about twenty times an hour.
- Life makes me fearful sometimes.
Ahem. You may have noticed that I have not had the best of weeks.
So I find myself on a Sunday, looking at another week and wondering how to make a difference. And something keeps coming back into my head that has been floating in and out of my thoughts all week. It's a phrase. Out of context as usual but that, as you are well aware by now, is how I er.. roll.
"This same Jesus."
That's all. Part of a sentence that the angel used to tell the disciples that Jesus would be coming back. It's in Acts 1 if you want to find it. (Like I said - ratty today)
This same Jesus who cured sicknesses and raised people from the dead is in the heavenlies for me. There is no such thing as hopeless.
This same Jesus who walked with wisdom and kindness will expect me to do the same and will also give me what I need to do it.
This same Jesus is not diluted by the passage of time and I need to live so that I ask, receive, learn, rest, grow, give and generally exist under the same Jesus influence as the disciples did.
Er.. Should have that sorted by about Tuesday of next week then.