Monday 14 February 2011

The Differences Between Us

List of items on husband's bedside table....

  • Alarm clock (set at exactly correct time)
  • Book he is currently reading.
  • Box of tissues
  • Lamp


List of items on my bedside table
  • Box of tissues
  • Book I am reading currently
  • Books I am about to read
  • Books I have read and haven't got round to putting away
  • Photo of husband and children (In case I forget what they look like?)
  • Pair of £2 glasses for reading
  • Second pair of £2 glasses to use when I can't find the first pair because I'm using them as a bookmark
  • Watch and rings which I have taken off when I realised I was wearing them in bed
  • Body lotion for scaly limbs
  • Nail varnish
  • Clock (set ten minutes fast to give me an extra ten minutes in bed. Yes it does make sense and I know my clock is slower on the photo but I took my picture at a different time)
  • Lamp
  • Notebook and pen for genius like thoughts that may strike in the middle of the night - or alternatively, shopping lists
So we are not exactly carbon copies of each other - my chap and me. Yet, I know that as in most good relationships, it is the differences  between us that cement us together and keep life interesting. He's very patient and I was sent to develop that patience by trying it at every opportunity. So, quietly and without any great fanfare, I would like to use a day we never celebrate to say thank-you., bless you and all the other stuff which ain't no body's business but ours.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig