Sunday 16 June 2013

Bonkers Busy




Hello. Sorry for the absence. All is a hive of activity here and at my time of life it takes its toll you know. We are in the process of moving my mum down south to be nearer to us. So it has been visits to flats and phone calls to helpful ladies as well as filling in forms. All this as well as work and life and things - you know how it is.  So it is all a bit bitty if you get my drift. Not the usual level of high spiritual thinking that comes from this blog. (Do NOT say a word) So, stealing shamelessly from Woody Allen or Ian Drury depending on your generation or your comedy persuasion here's my reasons to be cheerful this week.

Best Piece of House Decoration
Head of House found room for my framed Gary Neville picture. (See above) It had crossed my mind that he had framed it and was then going to hide it until I lost interest. Fat chance! Gary Neville. Red until he dies. Love The Neville.

Best Membership News
We have been accepted as members at church. I am assuming this means that my past gun running in South America has been overlooked.

Best Thing Read

The Little Bookstore of Big Stone Gap. Unashamed feel-good wish fulfillment kind of book. Couple give up rat race to open second-hand bookstore in their front room in small town America. Spent evenings, closing book, lying back and dreaming about what it would be like. Just a little bit. Well quite a lot.



Best Thing Watched
On catch-up. Melvyn Bragg waxing lyrical about Tyndale, the Bible translator. A man who gave his life (and he was aware that this was a probability) so that ordinary people could read the Bible. He was a scholar and an academic. He could have done anything he wanted with his life. He did indeed do a marvelous thing with it.

Best Verse Read 
Psalm 100. The Message reads Enter with the password: “Thank you!” Make yourselves at home, talking praise. 
Love the idea of "thank-you" being a password to God. Not that we need a password I know, but it is a great picture of the best way to approach God with thankfulness rather than unabated whinging.  

Best Dad in Martha Towers
Today is Father's Day in Britain. HOH is quite dismissive about this sort of thing but he is a fantastic dad. All here in Martha Towers are unanimous in this. 

Bye


SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I watched Tyndale too and thought it wonderful. Did anyone else or was it just us 2?

    Hope your mothermoving goes ok

    blessings xx
    [I think the Deacons DID know about your gun-running in Colombia, but being a forgiving crowd, they overlooked it, in the hopes you will keep quiet about their dope smuggling ring]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right. Only me, you and Melvyn's nan I think

      Delete
  2. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm At first sight I thought it was a poster of James Bond [the other Super Hero], sorry Daniel Craig. Forgive me my errant ways Pleeeze. I see now that it couldn't be anybody else thank you. Will both brothers be [re]United OT do you think?

    As HOH has her signed posters/photo's of Kenneth Branagh Framed and Hung I see nothing wrong with Phil on your wall.

    Haven't seen any TV in two weeks so will take your word for it. Thank you should be a password for access to any/every thing. It's a pity that it has fallen into such disuse[not to mention please and excuse me].

    You should slow down ["you move Too Fast"] on occasion and take a minute to reflect. Exhaustion catches up with one far too quickly [at any age and you're a spring flower yet]. We could all do with a little less speed and a little more consideration for our surroundings to my mind. I've been wrong before though so ...........

    Thank you once again for a thought provoking 'article'.

    p.s. apologies [saving this one 'til last] for the intention nominal slip. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bond..Gary Bond. It has a ring. Not as much as Neville Neville to be fair but there you are.

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig