Tuesday 31 December 2013

Compliments of the Season


Happy New Year! Hope your Christmas went well. We did fine. Unfortunately, on Christmas Eve, HOH pulled his back while getting some logs out of the boot of the car. This curtailed the general jollity somewhat but otherwise fine. If I am being brutally honest I rather enjoyed three hours on my own in the kitchen - without help -  with Kermode and Mayo's Film Review of the Year on Radio 5 Live.

I inherited a Kindle Fire for Christmas and managed to thrill myself to nuclear levels by downloading a Barbara Pym book at 9pm at night to read that very same bedtime! These are thrilling times that we live in, indeed they are.

TV was a bit rubbish was it not?  As the weather is making going outside only possible in short twenty minute bursts until the dog has finished his ablutions, I could have done with a bit of good telly. Death Comes to Pemberly has been ok and the last thirty seconds of Doctor Who when we got to see Peter Capaldi  was good as well. Also, Toy Story 3 made me cry but other than that ----BRING ON SHERLOCK!
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. We have to wait until February for Sherlock (when the DVD is released)...I'm going to have to scour blogs for spoilers..and AVOID the spoiler posts!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry. Will try not to give anything away :)

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year Lesley, I hope you had a great Christmas Lesley with your Mom's home cooked meal providing a wonderful memory of Christmas past.

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig