Thursday 27 February 2014

Think, Stop, Talk - especially Stop.


I used to speak a lot at various Christian do-dahs but for lots of reasons I haven't done it for ages. In a weak moment,  I agreed to help out the last minute for Alpha and spoke on the Bible. 
The good thing about writing is that you have a stop and read mode and you can weed out anything outrageous or silly. Punctuation is not a strong point as regular readers will know but I do try. When I am speaking though, I don't have that advantage and when I am trying to make a point and I am not sure that people are getting it, I can get carried away sometimes - a bit.
So I would like to apologise to the Alpha group at Mutley for telling then that the Old Testament moved towards the coming of Jesus in a rolling Dr Who-ish Timey-Wimey way. Also for refererring to the Gospel of John as the most theological and thoughtful of the gospels, like er.....Jazz?

Sorry. Again. Don't let it put you off. God is far less puzzling than I am.
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Sounds like a great talk! And well done for doing it. Know exactly what you mean about wanting to edit yourself :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I would have really enjoyed you speaking when I did my Alpha course, very entertaining. I bet they really enjoyed it.

    X x

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig