Sunday 13 July 2014

Things you get used to

 
I have realised these things about myself

  1. I will never be any good at structured dance. Now set me off in a room with Motown and - yes sir, I can boogie - a bit. Put some dance moves in and you have lost me. I hokey when everyone else is doing the cokey. I dread it when some wag at the front of church says "Let's all do the children's actions to this!" Because I know that, sooner rather than later, I will be facing forward when everyone else is facing backward. Or I will be wildly doing the helicopter on my own when everyone else has decided not to go for a second verse. I have never been to a Ceilidh. I am too afraid that carnage will follow.
  2. I will never be able to tan the back of my legs. It's summer and my legs are out. HOH insists that as I go about my business and walk about at lunch etc, then the flabby calves at the back will gradually tan. This does not happen - ever. Front of legs are brown. Back are very white. Unattractive stripes naturally follow. Most of my leg tanning happens at lunch when I sit on a bench in the park and read my book. I have thought that one way to deal with this may be by lying on my stomach on the bench for the duration of my lunch. Concerned friends insist that this will bring unwanted attention from the local constabulary.
  3. Whenever I run into people that I have not seen for a long time, I always look like I have been cleaning out caravans. I never, ever run into anyone unexpected when I am on my way to a wedding and I am reasonably turned out. Thus, I am convinced that there is a community of people out there that I have not seen for a while who are convinced that I have fallen on hard times and are packing up food parcels for me as we speak.
This is who I am and although it is annoying sometimes, it's not that important. What other people make of me when it comes to unimportant things should never be keeping me awake. It does sometimes and I have to speak sternly to myself because I am accepted. Not just in the big stuff but in the little things that sometimes band together and make me feel like a donk. I love God's attention to detail - my detail. 

Matthew 10 v 29“What’s the price of a pet canary? Some loose change, right? And God cares what happens to it even more than you do. He pays even greater attention to you, down to the last detail—even numbering the hairs on your head!

I may never be able to dance the merengue - makes no difference to God. I may have lots to learn but here today, I am accepted, it is sorted. Onwards!
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. God was the only one who didn't laugh when I tried line dancing.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are not alone
    1- I have no sense of rhythm whatsoever. I have to wait till someone else starts clapping to the song before I can join in with them
    2- I never sit still long enough to tan the FRONT of my legs, let alone the back
    3-I am already stressing about being Mother Of The Bride. What on earth will I wear? at a Yard Sale on Saturday, there was a Very Posh "Jacques Vert" outfit - the woman said "I wore that to my son's wedding" But my best friend wisely said "Ang, you CANNOT buy your outfit at a Yard Sale!"
    You have to DANCE merengues? I thought you cooked them with beaten egg white. Like Pavlovas [I cannot make them either - they come out sad a flat]
    Oh I am SO grateful for God's amazing grace - he loves me unconditionally. Also truly grateful for his other children who tolerate this batty little member of thew Family. Summer blessings [have you tried tanning legs in privacy of your own back garden?]

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig