Tuesday 22 December 2015

Nativity Overkill


It has been suggested to me that Five Nativity sets may possibly be a little over the top. I am not sure about that and I'm not taking any notice of anyone anyway but I thought I might just introduce you to them. (This is nothing like introducing you to my children either) The set above is the newest addition and this is cool and elegant Jesus with a free Bethlehem background. 
This is cute Jesus and has the advantage of having the whole stable shenanigans attached. No blu tac needed. Real straw too, therefore highly authentic
This is "I've No Idea Where This Is From Jesus" so called because I have no recollection of buying it. Still, all are welcome here.
This is Inca Fairtrade Jesus AND you can put a tealight in it. That is all.
And this is my oldest child Nativity. If you look closely you can see that most of them are propped up against each other because they have a lot of bits missing. A great deal of the damage was caused by FOW1 doing secret death match fights using them as action figures when he was little but I sort of thought if Joseph wasn't man enough to take Spiderman then God would never have chosen him to look after Mary and Jesus. Five? Too many? Nah.
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. They're ALL great. Our YP did a superb drama all about 'The restless nativity' in which they played the parts of a Nativity set, which had been well-treated over the years. Action men replacing wise men, etc. It was Very Clever and challenging. I think I shall rename one of my sets as we realised over breakfast that we don't know where it came from!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that five nativity sets is remarkably restrained. I remember Libby Purves doing a radio broadcast about her collection which at that time (at least ten years ago) was 87 sets and counting. I've reduced mine to about ten sets now but don't put them all out each year. Nah, you are showing admirable restraint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I am obviously just playing at this and need to step my game up (HOH is groaning and holing his head at this point)

      Delete
  3. But they are all so lovely! I really like them! Beautiful ones all of them!x

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig